Friday 5 December 2014

Local Markets

We've got another busy weekend ahead in our house. I guess that is the case for most people this month. I visited a department store today and was full of empathy for the staff working through this mad period.  They seemed to be bearing up, but only just!

Lymm Sunday Market
It was a totally different experience at the last Sunday Market held at Lymm Youth Club. It was re-launched by Roni (of cupcake fame) in September. She did a terrific job attracting back the food sellers who are needed to make a market successful. She had done a cracking job with the advertising too because the place was busy with customers, and there was a good atmosphere. Food sellers included Kenyon Hall Farm, The Talking Bee (jams & chutneys) and Ken Webb butcher. The next  market is 21st December 11-4.

Talking of markets...it is Abbey Leys Farmer's market this coming Sunday. I will be there running a kids craft stall free of charge and Santa will be there courtesy of the Rotary club.

Apologies for the lack of pictures...my laptop only put in a brief appearance last week before dying again. Don't forget, I simply write this blog based on my experiences: it isn't advertising because I am not paid to write the blog or Twitter feed (@LymmFood). If you have any recommendations you would like to pass on, please email me at Low Carbon Lymm or complete the comments section below. 

Lisa Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments about our blog...